When the dust settles and the legal battle for the lives of the unborn is won, there will be heroes and there will be villains.
The villains will be those who opposed legislation to save the unborn. They will be the ones who blocked efforts to stop abortion. They will be the ones who sat back & did nothing to stop abortion even though they knew that abortion is wrong and evil.
The heroes will be those who have done more than talk about how bad abortion is. They will be people like Duncan Hunter, sponsor of the "Right To Life" bill HR 552. They will be people like the 36 others who have co-signed this bill.
They will be people who have been on the front lines, protesting, praying and volunteering.
I would like to recognize the many who have been fighting the battle for the unborn. South Dakota and many other states are fighting the good fight and giving it all they have.
Many Pro-Life leaders like Fr. Frank Pavone, Joe Scheidler, Jack Ames, Missy Smith, Jill Stanek, Judie Brown, Dr. James Dobson, Dr. James Kennedy & others have been leading the way & challenging the culture of death for years.
We are poised to challenge abortion on a national level and we need plenty of grassroots, frontline heroes right now. The following representatives put up the Right to Life Bill, now it's up to us to make sure it gets signed.
Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 2/2/2005
Rep Chabot, Steve [OH-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep Davis, Jo Ann [VA-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep Doolittle, John T. [CA-4] - 2/2/2005
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 2/2/2005
Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep Garrett, Scott [NJ-5] - 2/2/2005
Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 2/2/2005
Rep Green, Mark [WI-8] - 2/2/2005
Rep Hoekstra, Peter [MI-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep Hostettler, John N. [IN-8] - 2/2/2005
Rep Johnson, Timothy V. [IL-15] - 2/2/2005
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 2/2/2005
Rep King, Steve [IA-5] - 2/2/2005
Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep LaHood, Ray [IL-18] - 2/2/2005
Rep Lewis, Ron [KY-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 2/2/2005
Rep Miller, Gary G. [CA-42] - 2/2/2005
Rep Myrick, Sue [NC-9] - 2/2/2005
Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] - 2/2/2005
Rep Ney, Robert W. [OH-18] - 2/2/2005
Rep Pearce, Stevan [NM-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep Pitts, Joseph R. [PA-16] - 2/2/2005
Rep Renzi, Rick [AZ-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep Ryun, Jim [KS-2] - 2/2/2005
Rep Shimkus, John [IL-19] - 2/2/2005
Rep Smith, Christopher H. [NJ-4] - 2/2/2005
Rep Souder, Mark E. [IN-3] - 2/2/2005
Rep Tancredo, Thomas G. [CO-6] - 2/2/2005
Rep Tiahrt, Todd [KS-4] - 2/2/2005
Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 2/2/2005
Rep Whitfield, Ed [KY-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep Wicker, Roger F. [MS-1] - 2/2/2005
Rep Wilson, Joe [SC-2] - 2/2/2005
These people will go up on the wall of heroes. They put pen to paper and affirmed our right to be born. When it was time to take a stand for Life they did so.
Will you take the next step to support their efforts? Will you get out there & do what needs to be done? What more can we do? Here are some ways you can get involved:
1) Find a local picket or prayer vigil. There are many around the country. Some are every day, some every week. If you can't find one in your area, start one. Even if it's just you out there with a sign that says "Stop Abortion" in front of an abortion mill, praying for a couple of hours a week. The women who go into the mill will see you and they might have second thoughts about killing their children.
2) Join the national Call for Life on the first Friday & the first Saturday following the first Friday at MarchTogether.com. On Friday we call/email our representatives to encourage them to support and pass HR 552, and we can also march on a local government building or abortion mill. On Saturday we pray at a local abortion mill to hopefully discourage women from killing their children. Go to ProLifeUnity.com and click on the Calendar link. If you don't see an effort in your area, click here to email us and we will help you find one or help you start your own.
3) Call a local crisis pregnancy center and ask what you can do to help. Go to pregnancycenters.org to find one near you.
4) Talk to everyone you know about ending abortion. It's time to break the silence of the uncomfortable topic. Encourage your church to become active. Churches shouldn't just pass out baby bottles, they should encourage their parishioners and lead efforts to speak up for the unborn and participate in Pro-Life action to oppose abortion and the culture of death.
5) Give money to the Pro-Life group of your choice. They can't do the work without money.
Be a hero. Over 3,000 people will be killed by abortion today and every day until we stop this horror.
United we stand - Divided they die - Pass it on