The Amber Alert System was used yesterday to locate a kidnapped child after her mother was killed. Zeb Stinnett, the father, said in a news conference, "I want to thank family, friends, Amber Alert and law enforcement officials for their support during this time." [more from ABC]
The gruesome news report drew international attention because at the time of the mothers death the child was unborn, a "fetus". While news organizations struggled at first with whether to use "fetus" or "child" to describe the missing person, everyone agreed this little girl needed to be found and protected.
For more information and commentary see:
- Spokane Rock for Life: Amber Alert for Fetus!!!
- Pro-Life News: Fetus Removed from Mother's Body
- Mod-Blog: Premature Baby Stolen From Mother
- Spreading Understanding: Mother Murdered, Child Stolen from Womb
- Patriot Paradox: Sick People Out There
- LifeSite News: Success For Amber Alert Issued in U.S. for Missing Child Taken From Mother's Womb
- Mommy's Life: Who does this??? May the mom RIP